- Hi there, welcome to the Darryl Syms Online School – registered UK business.
- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Darryl Syms’ it refers to the Darryl Syms Online School.
The type of information we collect
- We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised, and other similar information.
- Personal information that we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, forum or social comments/interactions (if applicable), your actions on this site (including any selections or inputs into items), class progress, and web and email analytics data.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, or automatically as you navigate through the site.
- We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the site, like where you purchase an item from us.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the site;
- providing you with services described on this site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to this site;
- responding to your communication;
- updating you with operational news and information about the site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to the site, website disruptions, or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the site and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the site;
- improving our products and services; and
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Where we store your personal information
- We are based in the UK, but our servers are located in the US.
How we keep your personal information secure
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service provider. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on this Site. Payment information is secured and handled by either PayPal or Stripe, depending upon the users payment choice at the checkout. A valid and encrypted SSL certificate will always be present on this Site.
How you can access your personal information
- You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You can also close the account you have with us at any time, which will permanently remove your data.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites;
- the operating system which your computer uses; and
- the technical capabilities of your web browser.
Information you make public or give to others
- If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that data. There are lots of ways that you can find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user. Before making your information publicly available or giving your information to anyone else, think carefully.
How long we keep your personal information
- We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to handle your personal information, you can delete your account permanently in your account settings. This is an irreversible action.
How you can contact us
- Members: you are provided with multiple opportunities to reach out – both publicly and privately. You can contact Darryl directly via your private messages.
- Non-Members: There is a dedicated contact page where you can get in touch.
Your acceptance of these terms
- By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Policy v2, effective date 1 February 2021